1103 departs Edenbridge 11.03.79
Thanks to Tony's Trains and Buses for the image
Unit 1103 Vehicle Built Withdrawn Status
DMBSO 60102 08/57 09/87 Scrapped 12/88
TSO 60652 09/59 09/87 Scrapped 10/89
DTC 60802 08/57 09/87 Scrapped 02/88
Points of interest :
- The first DEMU to have an accident, when it was involved in a slight collision with a WR 6-set at Eastleigh on 16th September 1957, its first day of service.
- From May 1964 was used for the Mid Hants service.
- Was one of only 3 Hampshire units to be painted in Blue with small yellow panel.
- As part of the 1979 reformations, 1103's centre trailer went to make 1119 from a 2H to a 3H while 1103 gained an ex-Tadpole DTS as a centre car to become 3T 1403. This double shuffle was to keep 1103's AWS fitted DTC and MBS on the SW Division.
- 60802 and 60102 were scrapped at Meyer Newman, Snailwell in 1988. 60652 was scrapped at Vic Berry's yard in Leicester in Oct 1989
The available records of 1103's visits to Eastleigh works up to 1980 are shown below.