A freshly overhauled 205012 is seen at Burnt Oak during July 1988
Image thanks to Selsdon Jc
Unit 1112 Vehicle Built Withdrawn Status
DMBSO 60111 09/57 02/04 Scrapped 09/05, Immingham
TSO 60661 10/59 07/03 Scrapped 09/03
DTC 60811 09/57 12/04 Scrapped 05, St Leonards
Points of interest :
Early 1963 - this unit was the first to have its motor coaches painted yellow with the Motor coach receiving a Black inverted triangle.
During 1975/6, this was one of a number of units that were based at St Leonards and used on the Oxted Line service, but these units had insufficient first class accommodation for this wealthy part of the Surrey commuter belt. A series of conversions took place to convert the former isolated second class cabin, by now converted into a luggage compartment, into a first class cabin. To avoid the mistake of having an isolated cabin ( see feature re Yvonne Laker) The adjoining cabin was reduced to six seats and a linking corridor installed.
In October 1998 the unit was reduced to two cars following protracted repairs to wasted door frames, but only the DTC and DMBSO were repaired.Returned to traffic on the 19/10/1998. The TS was stripped for spares.
In March 2004, the introduction of class 171 stock allowed for this unit to be withdrawn following an examination revealing badly deteriorated bodywork.
Mid 2004 the engine was donated to 207017 and bogies were donated to 205205