1115 stabled at Tunbridge Wells West Station,
This area is now occupied by a supermarket but the engine shed in the distance is now occupied by the Spa Valley Railway
Image thanks to Alanbus60
Unit 1115 Vehicle Built Withdrawn Status
DMBSO 60114 10/57 10/93 Scrapped 03/94
TSO 60664 08/59 08/96 Scrapped 01/98
DTC 60814 10/57 10/93 Scrapped 08/94
Points of interest :
In January 1960 this unit was the first to be used for tests on the Oxted Line.This was a precurser to the dieselisation of this route.
During 1975/6, this was one of a number of units that were based at St Leonards and used on the Oxted Line service, but these units had insufficient first class accommodation for this wealthy part of the Surrey commuter belt. A series of conversions took place to convert the former isolated second class cabin, by now converted into a luggage compartment, into a first class cabin. To avoid the mistake of having an isolated cabin ( see feature re Yvonne Laker) The adjoining cabin was reduced to six seats and a linking corridor installed.
Was stripped of asbestos around Christmas 1981